(Original story published on Thursday December 12th, 2014, on Slice.ca.)
With holiday season in full swing, our schedules are quickly filling up with festive parties left, right and centre. You have your dresses picked out, favourite sequin clutch on the ready, and those killer heels polished and shined, but your schedule leaves little time to freshen up between work and evening plans. Whether you’re meeting old friends for holiday cocktails or heading to an office Christmas party, ’tis the season to take your look to the nines, so don’t let a little lack of time prevent you from looking your best.
To help you get from your desk to the party in the most glamorous way, we’re showing you our three favourite beauty looks gorgeously illustrated by Amanda Seyfried, and how to get each trend in three simple steps.
Look one: Deep red lip
1. Brighten up post-work skin blahs with an illuminator. NARS’s Illuminator ($33) in Copacabana creates a shimmering incandescence, perfect for the holidays.
2. Add a deep hint of colour to your eyes with Bobbi Brown’s Smoky Warm Eye Palette ($56). Use a touch of the golden chocolate metallic at the lash line, the antique gold metallic on the lid, and the ivory under your brow.
3. Apply a crimson lip for a dramatic finish. Find out which five red lipsticks are our favourites.
Look two: Smoky eye
4. Start with an even, shine-free complexion by dusting Laura Mercier’s Mineral Pressed Powder ($38) over your skin.
5. To create the perfect smoky eye, we love Dior’s 5-Colour Eyeshadow in Gris Gris 034 ($61). Line your upper and lower lashes with the darkest shade. Apply one of the medium shades to your lid, and apply the lightest shade above the crease and up to the brow bone to highlight.
6. Apply a nude lip gloss, like YSL’S Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain Rebel Nudes (US $34) in 101 Nude Provocateur.
Look three: Rosy glow
7. Using a black eyeliner like Urban Decay’s 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil ($23) in Perversion, swipe the inside of the upper lash line, and create a thin line on the outer bottom lash line.
8. Apply a bright pink blush, like Tarte’s Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush ($31) in Amused.
9. For a bright pink pout, try Dior’s Rouge Dior Couture Colour Voluptuous Care Lipstick ($36) in 475 Rose Caprice.
Now that your makeup conundrums are covered, all that’s left is figuring out how to avoid that creepy guy trying to catch you under the mistletoe…